Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Overload.

Golly, now that is has been almost a week, I don't even know where to start. Here are the highlights to bring us up to date...

Saturday: TNT Group Run...10 miles, no big. I felt absolutely amazing after this run. Our group was a little bit smaller this week, due to everyone's work schedules, kids schedules, and what not. I think this actually helped me a lot...we were able to stay closer as a group as we ran and talk with a lot more people. After we finished, one of the coaches told us that it took us about 1 hour, 34 minutes. That means we ran an average of.... 9.40 minutes/mile! Okay, that may seem slow to some of you... but when I ran the Turkey Trot 10 mile I was definitely closer to 10.40 minutes/mile. Improvement. Love it.

Saturday night: My beautiful friend Katie's 21st birthday!!! A blast.
Meet Katie...love her.

Sunday and Monday: Blah, skip.

Tuesday: Woke up at 5:30 planning on running outside with Madison....because nature hates me and decided to pour down rain, we were forced to go to the YMCA. We got a good 4 miles in around the track, (44 grueling laps), until we decided we had enough. As we were walking to cool down a little bit, an older gentleman came up to us and was astonished by how long we had just ran. He was convinced that we had ran well over 4 miles... if only he knew that in a few months we will be running 26.2!!! We finished up our YMCA trip with a little bit of lifting..lunges, curls, military press, butterflies.. all those wonderful lifts Mr. Crumrine would be proud of me for. Later that afternoon, Madison and I had a really good brainstorming session of ideas for fundraising. If anyone is actually reading this, be sure to check back for upcoming events! You are the reason any of this is possible. Thennnn...my night ended with 5 hours of wonderful accounting...

And finally, Today: SO glad it wasn't raining at 5am, Madison and I had a great 6 mile jog. I definitely wanted to keep going, but we had our first official fundraiser that we needed to prepare for!

Grunge and sweat.
That means its almost time for spring training!!!


We set up a booth at the RSC (Wichita State Student Center, for those of you who don't know) and basically just asked people if they would like to donate. At first, I definitely had my doubts.. I am very shy about just asking random people for money and thought we were just wasting our time. However, people were actually a lot more generous that I expected! We were there for only a few hours and ended up making over 100 dollars! As I've been saying all along, every little bit counts.

Thank you SO much to everyone who is supporting me. I truly could not do this without you.


And just so you know... I'm really starting to like this whole blog thing. So you should definitely become a follower, leave comments, or something! Or if not.. I don't mind being the only one who reads this, it's fun!

4 comments:

Madison M. said...

Just soo yyoouuu know.. (even tho you already do).. I am your #1 follower :)

Hannah said...

Sounds like all is going well this week! Way to go on the money making at the RSC! Such a great idea!

Glad you're enjoying blogging. It really is lovely, right? :)

Can't wait to see you again. I miss you, dang it!

Debbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie said...

I am gonna have to disagree with you on that one Madison...I AM her #1 follower!! LOL Good luck to the both of you girls. Proud of you both. Let me know when and how I can help with fundraising and I am there!! =)